Sunday, September 25, 2011

Spotlight on...




sedruola Original and Custom Crochet & Knit Gifts and Patterns

Become I begin this fabulous feature, I must say HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It has been a pleasure learning more about you! Gloria's Jewelry Box is very excited about our weekly Artist Spotlight Series. You have to check out the creative work by this multi-talented artist! I am absolutely in love with the Crochet Neckwarmer Adjustable - Hot Pink ! Let's show some birthday love for Sedruola!

Just for her birthday Sedruola is offering 43% off of your purchase! Enter code "BIRTHDAY1143" to get 43% off anything in Sedruola!

1. Tell me a little about yourself! What inspired you to open an ETSY shop and what is your business? My name is Sedruola, but everyone calls me Sedie (Say-dee). I am a mother of two little ones and my business is crochet! I first opened my shop in 2006 when I was pregnant with my son, because I was on bedrest and needed an outlet. After my son was born and many changes took place, my shop stayed quiet until about 2009. My life again went in another direction and stayed quiet until October of 2010 when I was pregnant with my daughter and had little energy for much else. I've found that crochet is my passion, where I'm meant to be and I'm moving in that direction.

2. What ETSY team(s) are you a part of? I am a part of the Etsy Artists of color team, the Handmadeology team, the Etsy Hookers team, The Shameless Self Promotion team, and the Knit and Crochet Designers team.

3. When did you begin your business? I consider that I really, officially began my business in January 2011 because that is when I realized, it would be my work.

4. What inspires you to create? Fashion, color, weather all inspire me to design and create various items. The more I tap into those areas, the more ideas flow and the more I'm compelled to create!

5. What do you envision your business in the next five years? Within the next five years I expect to complete my certification to teach crochet, I expect that I will have published at least two patterns per year and I also expect to have a pattern book published or on it's way to being published. I have big plans for my passion. I'm taking it one step at a time and seeing great results.

6. What is the best business advice you have ever received? The best advice was to read "The Kaizen Way" and implement it. The Kaizen way says to take small incremental steps toward your goal, be consistent and you will see it take shape. That is what I'm doing and continue to do every day.

7. What are three of your favorite ETSY shops?
-1) Deshawn Marie Handmade Soaps, because her soaps are beautiful, and great to use. I also know Deshawn and that adds to my really liking her shop. www.etsy.com/shop/DeShawnMarie
-2) Raghouse International, because it was inspiring to see another woman of color doing beautiful things with yarn! She has her own style and makes it sing! www.etsy.com/shop/raghousenternational
-3) See Jayne Knits Yarns, because she has yummy, yummy yarn in beautiful colors and textures. I've purchased from her before and I love her stuff! www.etsy.com/shop/SeeJayneKnitYarns


8. What is something that you tried crafting, that turned out to be a disaster? I'm a pretty crafty person so disasters don't come my way often in that area. . . I can't think of any.

9. What are three things that few people know about you? 1) I love country music; 2) I love Korean food; 3) I plan on hiring a cook one day

10. Check out this fabulous seller at:

sedruola.etsy.com
www.twitter.com/sedruola
www.facebook.com/yarnobsession
yarnobsession-2.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Cubana link gold chains are available in a variety of colors. They come in gold and silver and also in two sets of gold bands on either side. Find more interesting information about cuban link chains here.

    ReplyDelete