Gloria's Jewelry Box is very excited about our weekly Artist Spotlight Series. This is the second interview of many to come. You have to check out the amazing work from this talented artist! Show her some love!
1. Tell me a little about yourself! What inspired you to open an ETSY shop and what is your business?
I'm a wire sculptor from Baltimore City. I've been twisting and doodling with wire for over ten years. My specialty is the human figure but I dabble in just about anything. Etsy's DIY culture has inspired me along with the ease of it's networks, so I've set up a little shop to sell some of my smaller retail pieces.
2. What ETSY team(s) are you a part of?
The Etsy Tristate Area Team Maryland Etsy Street Team
3. When did you begin your business?
Officially I started my business in 2004 .
4. What inspires you to create?
Difficult to say what inspires me. Inspiration changes from day to day and place to place. One night it will be a specific kind of bird and the next, maybe an acrobat.
5. What do you envision your business in the next five years?
I'm hoping to keep my business growing and take it full time.
6. What is the best business advice you have ever received?
It's all about the light.
7. What are three of your favorite ETSY shops?
ETSY is full of so much creativity, I would hate to pick.
8. What is something that you tried crafting, that turned about to be a disaster?
Every dog that I've ever tried to sculpt has turned out a disaster. Not sure why that is, I've sculpted nearly everything else...it seems.
9. What are three things that few people know about you?
I'm color blind, a sucker for the ballet, and I used to be a choir boy like Sting.
I began beading when I was a little girl. I would love to spend time with my grandmother rummaging through her jewelry box.
A little more about me... I love pink and green. I love bold colors. I love interesting and eye catching jewelry. I love unexpected color combinations. I love vintage jewelry. I love the beadwork of the Masai and the beautiful bangles from India. I love to have fun with my jewelry and I hope that you will enjoy it too!