Thursday, June 16, 2011

Spotlight on...




Eraticus The Artisan Shop by Eraticus on Etsy

Gloria's Jewelry Box is very excited about our weekly Artist Spotlight Series. You have to check out the creative work by this multi-talented artist! I am in love with Crochet Red Brooch with Feathers and faux pearl button! It would be perfect with a my favorite tan sundress! Show some love ;)

1. Tell me a little about yourself! What inspired you to open an ETSY shop and what is your business?

I am a mother of 1, a wife, and animal lover. After I lost my day job as a consequence of outsourcing, my grieving inspired me to learn something new. I wanted to turn sadness into purpose, and although I have been a crafter pretty much all my life, I decided to dedicate myself to create freely. My husband told me about Etsy, which I have to admit, I never heard of before!. I can crochet, paint, draw, and recently I opened a card shop in Etsy, called My Card Shoppette. My husband makes jewelry, and together we decided to create an online woman's fashion boutique.

2. What ETSY team(s) are you a part of?

I am part of TriState Area Team, COTTEAM, Etsy NJ, Ignored on Etsy and Treasury Teams.

3. When did you begin your business?

We began our business in May of 2010. I also began selling to friends and family then.

4. What inspires you to create?

I get most inspired during periods of turmoil. I enjoy nature, natural figures, and the outdoors. I also have a tendency to stay up late while the world sleeps, to work on creating my crafts!!

5. What do you envision your business in the next five years?

I would like to continue to master the crafts we currently are engaged in, and I invision opening The Artisan Shop store locally. We also want to become farmers, but we are not sure where though.

6. What is the best business advice you have ever received?

Research your market well, know your craft and do not be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Receive critisism as a way to improve your business, no matter how hurtful it may seem at times.

7. What are three of your favorite ETSY shops?

Randitan, Fifthelement and, you guessed it, Gloria's Jewelry Box!

8. What is something that you tried crafting, that turned out to be a disaster?

I tried creating a polymer clay jewelry trinket box - let's say there is a reason why I got a "C" in pottery class in college :)

9. What are three things that few people know about you?

I am painfully shy at times, I was born and raised in PR and learned to speak English in only 2 months, I am a disabled US Army Veteran.

10. Check out this fabulous seller at:

ETSY:
www.etsy.com/shop/eraticus
www.etsy.com/shop/mycardshoppette

BLOG:
www.theartisancorner.blogspot.com

Twitter:
The Artisan Shop

Facebook:
Wendie Colvin or The Artisan Shop

Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment