Friday, June 24, 2011

Spotlight on...




Irisbiran Iris' illustrations & paper-art


1) Tell me a little about yourself! What inspired you to open an ETSY shop and what is your business?

My name is Iris, I'm a freelance illustrator working at my home studio.
I live in Haifa, Israel, on the Carmel mountain.
In my illustrations, I use manual techniques such as acrylic, collage, 3D paper cuts and drawing. I think it makes my style diverse in a way.
I also design items printed with my illustrations: coasters, greeting cards, calendars, bags, jewelry-boxes and original 3D paper cuts pictures

2) What ETSY team(s) are you a part of?
I'm a member in several Etsy teams such as Etsy Graphic Designers, Etsypreneurs, Etsy Talent Hunt, On Fire for Handmade.


3) When did you begin your business?
A few months ago I met a friend who saw my designs and suggested I should open an Etsy shop. So I did.

4) What inspires you to create?
When I illustrate for clients I have to fit the theme to their will and needs. As to myself, I'm inspired by fiction and fantasy literature like Lewis Carroll's creations: " Alice" books and poems he wrote. Next month, I'm having a solo exhibition regarding his works.

5) What do you envision for your business in the next five years?
I'd like my business to grow and be known as "My Illustrated designs". Aside with this and my work as an illustrator, it's important to me to continue illustrating and painting for fun and pleasure.

6) What is the best business advice you have ever received?
I was getting a few business advices lately but haven't got the chance to implement them yet. I guess it's a matter of time.


7) What are three of your favorite ETSY shops?
Three of my favorite shop are: LisaKaser (www.etsy.com/shop/LisaKaser) which has interesting illustration style, BayColonyDesigns (www.etsy.com/shop/BayColonyDesigns) - creates cats that looks so real ( I love cats!) and BROOMCHICK (www.etsy.com/shop/BROOMCHICK) that makes fabulous brooms.

8) What is something that you tried crafting, that turned out to be a disaster?
I can't tell I have had such an experience.

9) What are three things that few people know about you?
I'm a mother, an illustrator and a cats lover.

10) Check out this fabulous seller at:

www.etsy.com/shop/irisbiran

irisbiran.com/

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=782749117#!/pages/Iris-Biran-Illustrator...

twitter.com/illudes


Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment