1) Tell me a little about yourself! What inspired you to open an ETSY shop and what is your business?
My name is Iris, I'm a freelance illustrator working at my home studio. I live in Haifa, Israel, on the Carmel mountain. In my illustrations, I use manual techniques such as acrylic, collage, 3D paper cuts and drawing. I think it makes my style diverse in a way. I also design items printed with my illustrations: coasters, greeting cards, calendars, bags, jewelry-boxes and original 3D paper cuts pictures
2) What ETSY team(s) are you a part of? I'm a member in several Etsy teams such as Etsy Graphic Designers, Etsypreneurs, Etsy Talent Hunt, On Fire for Handmade.
3) When did you begin your business? A few months ago I met a friend who saw my designs and suggested I should open an Etsy shop. So I did.
4) What inspires you to create? When I illustrate for clients I have to fit the theme to their will and needs. As to myself, I'm inspired by fiction and fantasy literature like Lewis Carroll's creations: " Alice" books and poems he wrote. Next month, I'm having a solo exhibition regarding his works.
5) What do you envision for your business in the next five years? I'd like my business to grow and be known as "My Illustrated designs". Aside with this and my work as an illustrator, it's important to me to continue illustrating and painting for fun and pleasure.
6) What is the best business advice you have ever received? I was getting a few business advices lately but haven't got the chance to implement them yet. I guess it's a matter of time.
I began beading when I was a little girl. I would love to spend time with my grandmother rummaging through her jewelry box.
A little more about me... I love pink and green. I love bold colors. I love interesting and eye catching jewelry. I love unexpected color combinations. I love vintage jewelry. I love the beadwork of the Masai and the beautiful bangles from India. I love to have fun with my jewelry and I hope that you will enjoy it too!